Founder of SheSoft
Kirthi Kumar is an aspiring STEM student and a Junior at Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology. She is interested in robotics engineering, physics, computer science and artificial intelligence. Kirthi has been taking several advanced level courses in engineering and computer science to peruse her interest in Sci/Tech, both at her School and Colleges. Kirthi’s advanced research project in computer vision and artificial intelligence to improve safety/security of mechanical systems was recognized in Siemens championship and several science fairs.
As part of TJHSST’s community, Kirthi has been supporting many initiatives during past few years in National Spanish Honor Society, National Honor Society, Techstrav, Teknos and Coding Lady Colonial (CLC). Kirthi is the Founder and CEO of SheSoft, a non-profit organization, with a mission to “Promote building software applications in young girls to bridge the gender gap in technology.” She hosted an annual championship and conference in the DC Metro region during 2017-18 school year and has planned for a national championship/conference during 2018-19 school year. She is the recipient of many awards/nominations from WashingtonExec, Women In Technology (WIT), She Rocks the World (SRTW) and National Center for Women in Information Technology (NCWIT) to name a few.
Kirthi is planning to attend the undergraduate program in engineering and pursue her interest in computer science. In her free time, she plays flute and participates in charity marathons around the DC Metro area.
- Ann Bonitatibus, Principal of Thomas Jefferson High Schooldjenkinson2019-02-28T20:51:00+00:00
- Kirthi Kumar, Founder of SheSoft and Junior at Thomas Jefferson High Schooldjenkinson2019-03-12T15:27:08+00:00
- Dr. Tinell L. Priddy, Principal, The Academies of Loudoundjenkinson2019-02-27T02:08:36+00:00
- Mark Westergren, Senior Program Director, Perspectajmediagroup2019-03-21T17:42:43+00:00
- Dr. Larry DeLucas, American biochemist and former astronautdjenkinson2019-02-28T20:43:17+00:00
- Chirag Parikh, Office of Sciences and Methodologies, NGAdjenkinson2019-02-27T02:04:36+00:00