CEO and Founder, WashingtonExec
Since launching the company in 2011, JD Kathuria has grown its membership to include over 200 executives, entrepreneurs and thought leaders within the private, public, nonprofit and academic sectors.
A firm believer in the importance of trusted, long-term professional relationships, Kathuria is well regarded in the D.C. business community as a connector and adviser. He and his team host upward of 80 events each year to facilitate long-lasting relationships and encourage meaningful thought exchange among their participants.
Kathuria, a Virginia native, is a staunch advocate for investing in STEM education. He took his passion to new levels in launching the inaugural STEM Symposium in 2014. The event aims to engage and bring together 3,000 children, parents and executives from the industry, government and nonprofit sectors to increase awareness of the STEM education gap.
Prior to forming WashingtonExec, Kathuria co-founded a weekly digital publication in 2003, where as editor-in-chief he oversaw editorial content. His more than 1,000 interviews with government, business, education and political leaders gave him unique insight into the nuts and bolts of the government contracting community.
Kathuria holds a degree in political science from George Mason University. He serves on the Development Committee for the National Kidney Foundation and as a member of the advisory council of the Bite Me Cancer Foundation. In addition, he’s an active member of The Tower Club Tysons Corner Board of Governors. From 2006-2011. he served on the board of directors of SECAF.
He resides in Northern Virginia with his wife and three children.
- Mark Westergren, Senior Program Director, Perspectajmediagroup2019-03-21T17:42:43+00:00
- Chirag Parikh, Office of Sciences and Methodologies, NGAdjenkinson2019-02-27T02:04:36+00:00
- Ann Bonitatibus, Principal of Thomas Jefferson High Schooldjenkinson2019-02-28T20:51:00+00:00
- Kirthi Kumar, Founder of SheSoft and Junior at Thomas Jefferson High Schooldjenkinson2019-03-12T15:27:08+00:00
- Dr. Larry DeLucas, American biochemist and former astronautdjenkinson2019-02-28T20:43:17+00:00
- Dr. Tinell L. Priddy, Principal, The Academies of Loudoundjenkinson2019-02-27T02:08:36+00:00