Dr. Tinell Priddy
Principal, The Academies of Loudoun
Dr. Priddy has spent the last 22 years as a teacher, coach, athletic director, senior master educator, assistant principal, and principal in Washington DC, the Pacific Northwest, Hawaii and Virginia. In the time that Priddy has been onboard with LCPS, she has overseen the opening of the Academy of Engineering & Technology, the newest program of AOL, which opened in fall 2016 at Tuscarora High School.
Priddy served as the assistant principal of Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology in Fairfax County Public Schools from August 2013 to 2016 (ranked the #1 school in the USA by US News and World Report). She also served as the senior master educator for secondary STEM for the District of Columbia Public Schools from 2011 to 2013. Prior to her move to the east coast, Priddy worked as a secondary engineering and mathematics teacher and department chair at Oak Harbor High School in Oak Harbor, Washington and teacher instructor at the U.S. Space & Rocket Center in Huntsville, Alabama. Over the past three years Priddy has worked as a consultant with government officials and an education and cultural exchange foundation on the architectural design and curriculum planning for four new STEM schools across China.
Priddy holds a bachelor’s degree in mathematics with a minor in technology education from Western Washington University in Washington, a master’s degree in curriculum, instruction, and assessment from Western Washington University in Washington and a doctorate in educational leadership from Argosy University in Hawaii.
At the university level, Dr. Priddy taught courses on instructional design, assessment strategies in education, research methods, and inquiry-based learning. Her research examined the effects of professional development on the practices of STEM teachers.
- Mark Westergren, Senior Program Director, Perspectajmediagroup2019-03-21T17:42:43+00:00
- Dr. Tinell L. Priddy, Principal, The Academies of Loudoundjenkinson2019-02-27T02:08:36+00:00
- Kirthi Kumar, Founder of SheSoft and Junior at Thomas Jefferson High Schooldjenkinson2019-03-12T15:27:08+00:00
- Dr. Larry DeLucas, American biochemist and former astronautdjenkinson2019-02-28T20:43:17+00:00
- Ann Bonitatibus, Principal of Thomas Jefferson High Schooldjenkinson2019-02-28T20:51:00+00:00
- Chirag Parikh, Office of Sciences and Methodologies, NGAdjenkinson2019-02-27T02:04:36+00:00