Office of Sciences and Methodologies, National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA)
Chirag Parikh is the director of the Office of Source Strategies at the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA). In this capacity, he is responsible for worldwide imagery collection operations and adjudicates requirements for all U.S. space-based imagery intelligence systems and works with industry partners to support U.S. civil and national security needs.
From 2010-2016, Mr. Parikh served at the White House as the Director of Space Policy on the National Security Council. In this position, he was responsible for advising the President of the United States and the National Security Advisor on civil, commercial, and national security space matters supporting broader national security and foreign policy goals. He chaired interagency policy committee meetings, consisting of representatives from all Executive Branch departments and agencies dealing with space, to formulate and implement national space policies. He presided over issues that included developing plans to counter potential adversary efforts to destroy U.S. national security satellites, relaxing commercial imagery resolution thresholds, facilitating new space startups to enter the market, adjudicating issues on U.S. space launch developments and competition, and coordinating international space cooperation and diplomatic efforts. In 2016, Mr. Parikh was identified by SpaceNews as one of five space industry game changers from the around the world making a difference.
Prior to 2010, Mr. Parikh served in a variety of roles to include serving as the Deputy National Intelligence Officer for Science and Technology at the National Intelligence Council and as a Principle Intelligence Analyst for Space Systems at the National Air and Space Intelligence Center. Mr. Parikh holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Aerospace Engineering from the University of Cincinnati.
- Dr. Larry DeLucas, American biochemist and former astronautdjenkinson2019-02-28T20:43:17+00:00
- Ann Bonitatibus, Principal of Thomas Jefferson High Schooldjenkinson2019-02-28T20:51:00+00:00
- Dr. Tinell L. Priddy, Principal, The Academies of Loudoundjenkinson2019-02-27T02:08:36+00:00
- Kirthi Kumar, Founder of SheSoft and Junior at Thomas Jefferson High Schooldjenkinson2019-03-12T15:27:08+00:00
- Chirag Parikh, Office of Sciences and Methodologies, NGAdjenkinson2019-02-27T02:04:36+00:00
- Mark Westergren, Senior Program Director, Perspectajmediagroup2019-03-21T17:42:43+00:00