Senior at Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology
Anna Lulushi is a current senior at Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology (TJHSST) and is interested in neuroscience, physics, and computer science. She pursues these fields through advanced courses at TJHSST and research opportunities, both in school and out of it.
At TJHSST, Anna has taken many courses to further her interests including Multivariable Calculus, Concrete Math, AP Physics C, Neurobiology, and Mobile App Development. She is also currently in the Neuroscience Research Lab, conducting research on the implications of the motor and visual cortices of the brain in learning. Last summer, Anna interned in the Krasnow Institute for Advanced Study at George Mason University through the Aspiring Scientists Summer Internship Program (ASSIP). Her research established a computational model of fruit fly neurons in early stages as a potential template for human development.
Anna is an active member of TJHSST’s community. She has been on student government for the past three years, where she has organized multiple events and enacted positive change in the community with respect to academic integrity and mental health. Anna has also been a starting player on TJHSST’s Lacrosse team throughout her entire time in high school. She loves to read and write, and has had her poetry published in Threshold, TJHSST’s literary magazine. Outside of school, Anna dedicates her time to volunteering at the National Air and Space Museum. She also tutors kids at local elementary schools in math and science.
Anna will be attending college in fall 2018 and intends to double major in neuroscience and computer science.
- Dr. Tinell L. Priddy, Principal, The Academies of Loudoundjenkinson2019-02-27T02:08:36+00:00
- Chirag Parikh, Office of Sciences and Methodologies, NGAdjenkinson2019-02-27T02:04:36+00:00
- Kirthi Kumar, Founder of SheSoft and Junior at Thomas Jefferson High Schooldjenkinson2019-03-12T15:27:08+00:00
- Mark Westergren, Senior Program Director, Perspectajmediagroup2019-03-21T17:42:43+00:00
- Dr. Larry DeLucas, American biochemist and former astronautdjenkinson2019-02-28T20:43:17+00:00
- Ann Bonitatibus, Principal of Thomas Jefferson High Schooldjenkinson2019-02-28T20:51:00+00:00