Who Should Attend?
K-12 students, parents, educators, non-profit leaders, corporate leaders and federal leaders with a vested interest in the National Capital Region (NCR) STEM pipeline.
Activities for the day will include:
- Hands-on experiments for children
- Student science fair projects
- Panel discussions with STEM stakeholders
- Government and industry exhibitors
- Information about government and industry STEM-related high school and college internships
What to Expect:
The K-12 STEM Symposium is a free and exciting all-day forum that equally engages children, parents, and teachers, coupled with corporate, government, academia and non-profit executives alike from the STEM fields.
- Each attendee will receive access to a Parent-STEM action plan geared towards nurturing a child’s curiosity towards the STEM fields
- Kids are welcome to attend all panel and keynote discussions
- School maps will be provided on-site
The opportunities for students who are STEM-proficient are endless. Connecting exciting career opportunities to math and science taught in the classroom is critical for encouraging and keeping children interested in pursuing STEM careers. Get informed. Get excited. Get started.
- Join the conversation on Twitter #stemsymposium
- Get involved with STEM events in the National Capital Region
Food & Beverages:
The Subway in Fair Lakes will have lunch for sale during the event. Attendees are also welcome to bring a brown bag lunch.
By registering for this event, you grant WashingtonExec and its assigns and licensees, the absolute and irrevocable right and permission to use and reuse all photographs, video, audio and photography of which may be included, in whatever format or medium they may appear, together with your name, for purposes of the Company’s advertisement, trade or promotion. You agree that the photographs may be combined with other images, text, graphics, film, audio, audio-visual works; and may be cropped, altered or modified.